covid-19 action plan.
Our number one priority here at the root coworking is the overall health and safety of our members & our staff. To learn more about our current COVID-19 policies, procedures & guidelines, check out our Action Plan below.
Last updated on July 9th, 2020.
we plan to keep our community safe.
The root coworking’s number one priority is the overall health and safety of our members, staff, and our community. Our team is working diligently to ensure that when you return to your workspace at the root coworking, whenever that may be, that you feel safe and comfortable in doing so. With that being said, we have developed the following policies, procedures & guidelines that will allow us to operate safely & securely.
- Members & guests must wear a mask in all of our common areas. If you do not have a mask or forget to bring one, we have disposable one-time use masks at the front desk. We also have root branded masks available for $10. If you refuse to comply with our mask policy, we reserve the right to ask that you leave the premises immediately.
- Beginning on Monday, July 13th, all members, visitors, and staff will be required to get their temperature checked once daily upon first entry at the front desk.
- According to the CDC, one of the best things we can do to contain the spread of this virus is to employ social distancing or the 6ft rule. We have removed extra chairs in our space in order to allow people to more easily keep a safe distance from one another.
- We will be limiting our desk area to a maximum of two people per row.
- The number of chairs in our meeting rooms will be cut in half, leaving a four person max in our small meeting rooms and an eight person max in our large meeting room.
- Seating in the kitchen will be limited to two people per seating area.
- If you use one of our phone booth’s, you will need to notify the person at the front desk after use so it can be properly cleaned and disinfected before someone else can use it.
- We will continue to restrict all physical events on premise.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations & disinfectant wipes placed throughout our space. We ask that you please wipe down your work area regularly after use.
- We will provide single use utensils, cups and plates in the kitchen, for use as needed. Our staff will not be required to clean any personal mugs, Tupperware, or anything else that you bring with you, so please be sure to clean after use and take with you.
- Our coffee service will operate as normal, however only separate individual creamer and sugar packets will be provided.
- The check-in tablet at the front desk will be disabled. If your membership requires that you check in, please notify our staff at the front desk and they will do so for you. All guests must also check in upon arrival.
- All mail will continue to be organized in our mailroom and you will receive a notification to pick up. We will not be delivering mail to you.
- We will continue to clean our space daily, using an expansive and in-depth approach by our professional cleaning staff. Their focus is on overall cleanliness of the space and specifically on high-touch areas such as door knobs, handles, light switches, chairs, workstation tables, conference room tables, countertops, bathroom stalls, sinks, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee machines, Bevi machine and more. We request that all members using the space also clean their own surfaces before and after use.
Our Response Plan…
We have a response plan in place in the event that any member, employee or guest has contracted the coronavirus or believes they have been in contact with someone who has. Depending on the severity of the incident and the guidance from relevant health authorities, this plan could involve shutting down our space temporarily.
The Root Coworking requires all members, guests, and staff to notify us immediately if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 or if they have come in contact with someone who is. In this case, we require that they seek medical attention and follow the strict CDC guidelines, including a possible self-quarantine for 14 days.
If we receive notice that an infected person has been in the space, we will use the data we have available (key card access, video) to decipher where they were in the space and we will close that space off for 24 hours to perform a thorough cleaning of the area(s).
As part of our response plan, we will notify members if we learn that anyone using our space has tested positive for COVID-19.
Finally, as this is a complicated situation, these plans might change, and if so, we’ll let you know. As we update or make changes to our policies, procedures or approach, we will continue to update this plan and notify our members accordingly.
– The Root Coworking Team